Okie Native

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm going to beat this!

Hello,
If what I write here seems redundant...........just remember............I've got Parkinson's Disease AND melanoma cancer AND a poor memory AND.....................I forgot what else!

I started a new trial program on Nov. 8 which equips my own immune system to fight off those bad old cancer cells within my body. For the non-medical people it is called an "Immune Enhancer". It's medical name is "IPILIMUMAB Monotherapy" or "CTLA-4."

CTLA-4 is a molecule that controls a part of your immune system by shutting it down. Researchers believe that one way cancers can escape the immune system could be through this shutdown. An antibody against CTLA-4 can stop it from turning off the immune system, allowing the immune reaction to continue. Your body's immune reaction may help your body to destroy cancer cells. In animals, it has been possible to eliminate some cancers using an antibody against CTLA-4.

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM , Blogger Patrick and Megan said...

I have no idea what you're talking about :) But, I think you have cancer......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home